Monday 10 August 2009

Today's Playlist




Right now I cannot get enough of the catchy new track from Bloc Party, as well as Lykke Li the cherubic Swedish pop sensation, who is undoubtedly going to be huge. The Golden Silvers are a recent discovery, who have been supporting Blur in their recent comeback tour. Funnily enough the lead singer's voice sounds to me like Damon Albarn meets Chris Martin. The Kings still reign (obv). And hearing Alex Turner sing lyrics like

"You were practicing a magic trick/

And my thoughts got rude, as you talked and chewed/

On the last of your pick and mix"

makes me so excited for the Arctic Monkeys' hotly anticipated new sonic offering. See below samples of the music that feeds my soul :)

Bloc Party - One More Chance

Jack Penate - Tonight's Today

Golden Silvers - Please Venus

Kings of Leon - Ragoo

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads will Roll

Lykke Li - Little Bit

Katy Perry - Electric Feel (MGMT cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter