Tuesday 26 January 2010

On Yer Bike

The luxe sportswear thing has been going strong for a few seasons now. In the latest addition to the fusion between high fashion and casual-wear is the return of sexy spandex favourite; The Cycling Short. I loved their sneaky appearance in Sonia Rykiel's SS10 at Paris Fashion Week. Not an item to be taken lightly; I can see it now - young girls paying homage to Mr Motivator all over the British high street! By contrast, I think there is something really chic about a glimpse of black lycra or lace cycling shorts beneath a skater dress or full mini skirt. They may even work like the visually acceptable version of spanx! Why not pair with a slouchy tee, boyfriend blazer and over the knee boots for an up to date look. Go all out and relive the 90s with floral cycling shorts, Doc Martens and a bowler hat for the full on 'Clarissa Explains It All' effect! How brave are you!?

sonia-trends

lace

1. Sonia Rykiel runway
2. picture from LookBook.nu

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lolita Luvs, Thank you so much for the lovely comment you posted on my blog. I love your blog and are a follower :) Its always exciting to find other blogs that share a similar direction. I look forward to your next post!

    Follow me at www.toindigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Visitor Counter