Friday 20 January 2012

10 Corso Como

On my first trip to Milan, as it was a flying visit I though screw the Duomo and the Last Supper I have read about this boutique which sounds amazing, I need to find it. Well let me tell ya, 10 Corso Como did not disappoint, it is Milan's answer to Collette but it more exquisite surroundings. It was my dream store and I didn't want to leave, I'm sure lots of people visiting for the first time feel the same way, and they have kind of designed it so you don't have to leave. You can have lunch in the cafe then mooch around fashion, jewellery, accessories and even sex toys. Have a peak at the menswear then head upstairs to look at handbags and wile away the afternoon flicking through fashion and interior coffee table tomes. They stocked a vast selection of Alaia, all of the Prada spring summer aquatic accessories, of which the green plastic pailette covered clutch I am completely fond. They also had all of my favourite Dominic Jones rings and a few pairs of collectible vintage and antinque ladies' shoes. Glossy white top of the range shop fittings house all kinds of hard to find, luxurious and designer items. The cafe is like a secret garden embedded with foliage and baby sparrows flit to and fro overhead while you sip your coffee. I couldn't leave the beautiful store empty handed so I bought a Keith Haring coffee table book, as you will know from my earlier post - I am obsessed with him! If you are ever passing through Milan, even like me just for 2 days I urge you to head straight to Corso Como - it is the ultimate in the boutique shopping experience.

what I bought
Inside...
How I imagine heaven to look..
the outdoor cafe seating
me at the entrance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter