Tuesday 17 July 2012

Prairie Mary

Marant-mania


Not since the Balmain Spring/Summer collection of 2009 have I been so taken with a show until Isabel Marant's creations strutted their stuff down the Paris runway this March! Back in 2009 I was thrilled by an emerald sequinned mini dress with intensely pointed shoulders and criss cross embellished fierce heels. (I know you all know the one) it was a rock goddess movement. However in my love for Marant I see a maturity in my tastes. I love the wearability of her recent collection and the fact that it looks tailor made to fit my autumnal city slicking life in London, skinny cut ankle cropped leather pants with cosy crombies, shirts with beautifully embroidered yokes. I love the western influence of her collection, while it's something we've been exposed to not so long ago - I love the idea of it as a winter look. I want everything. Look to Topshop for fab interpretations of the cowgirl in the city vibe. I have long despaired of western boots in all their 2003/4-ness but Topshop have introduced a pair for winter called 'Arson' in a range of fab colour ways and in velvet as well as leather and I cannot wait to get my hands on a pair! So yoke me up Scotty, I'm ready for a mean metal tip on my boots...


beautiful Western detailing on the embroidered yoke

Isabel Marant AW12

Isabel Marant AW12

Marant western boots
dreamy Topshop 'Arson' boots

Topshop 'Arson' boots in bluuuuuuue velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Counter